Author Topic: GM Resources?  (Read 3638 times)

Semi-Retired Gamer

• Ooooooh no...there goes Tokyo; go, go, GODZILLA!
    • View Profile
    • The Semi-Retired Gamer
GM Resources?
« on: April 27, 2013, 07:50:28 PM »
Just curious if anyone is working on any GM reference sheets or maybe a GM shield?
----------------------
Charlie

I (mainly) blog about role-playing at The Semi-Retired Gamer and occasionally at A Megaversal® Miscellany.

Reading:  The Lair of Bones by David Farland.

Darius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: GM Resources?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 08:05:52 PM »
In terms of making one to sell in stores, I haven't really looked into it.  If a GM Screen PDF would work, I can easily do that.  I suppose you want all of the charts for everything on it? 

Semi-Retired Gamer

• View Profile
    • The Semi-Retired Gamer
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 08:10:47 PM »
I wasn't too concerned with whether or not the GM Shield was a printed product or a pdf; either would do.  Yeah, all of the charts was basically what I was aiming for.
----------------------
Charlie

I (mainly) blog about role-playing at The Semi-Retired Gamer and occasionally at A Megaversal® Miscellany.

Darius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 06:11:00 PM »
I am trying to keep this to 3 pages for the screen.  I am also trying to keep the printing large enough to read.  In order to finish, I need to have an idea of what would be most useful:

1.  Weapon damage?  Do you want all of it, or just the firearms?
2.  Do you want the alchemy creation chart?
3.  Do you want the mechanical item creation chart?

In order to do with in 3 pages, you can't have all 3.  I can do all of the weapons, and then not 2 and 3.  I can just do the firearms, and then put in alchemy or items.  I am not sure how useful 2 and 3 would be on the screen. 

Semi-Retired Gamer

• View Profile
    • The Semi-Retired Gamer
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 09:13:04 PM »
Good question.  I am kind of leaning towards having #2 & #3 on the screen. I usually put any weapon stats in the adventure.  If the PCs are buying items we just crack open the book. That's just me, though.  I could see the usefulness of having the weapon info on the screen also.
----------------------
Charlie

Darius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 12:56:39 PM »
I decided to do two different GM Screens.  One contains weapon damage, the other contains item creation.  Both contain the basic info for combat.  Both are a three panel design.  Please take a look to see if the layout looks ok as well as if things seem in a logical position for the screen.  Also, on one of them I did a border.  Let me know if you think I should have the border or not.

The final product will contain three panel cover art and 2 PDFs.  People will then be able to use either of those, or just print the pages they want and do a custom set up. 

Semi-Retired Gamer

• View Profile
    • The Semi-Retired Gamer
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 07:53:16 PM »
Customizable GM Screen?!  Hell yeah for customer service...lol.

I think I prefer the version with the borders.

Thanks for doing this up.
----------------------
Charlie