Author Topic: Carrying Capacity  (Read 2157 times)

Anjir

• View Profile
Carrying Capacity
« on: April 19, 2015, 05:34:13 PM »
Hi! I tried finding the table for carrying weight or the formula to calculate it. You see depending on strength how much more or less % to add or remove but how does one determine max carrying/lifting weight?

Darius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Carrying Capacity
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 06:56:53 PM »
The Strength charts gives you how to modify based on what is the normal or average rating.  Overall, it is up to you.  However, adventuring shape/normal strength enables a PC to to carry on their body weight equal to 150 pounds.   That means clothes, armor, backpacks, etc.  This assumes everything is balanced out.  Further, they can lift and carry weight of 150 pounds assuming they are not overly burden by equipment.  The average PC could lift, but not carry 225 pounds. 

With all of that said, I leave it up to the GM on how to handle gender differences.  Obviously, on our world females have less muscle mass and therefore the average female would not be able to lift and carry as much.  However, a lot of people do not want to factor those issues into a game.  If you did alter it to females, then 100/100/150 pounds would work.  Of course, this is a game set on a fictional world so I personally do not adjust values based on gender. 

A 50 strength would enable 165 pounds to be carried.  If it really matters, you could always assume 1% per point above or below 40.  So 35 would be 5% lower, and 55% would be 15% higher.

I hope that helps. 

Anjir

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 07:11:33 PM »
Very much so! If I may make a suggestion, you should include that in the new supplement as an optional rule for weight standard to follow. Thanks for the quick reply,

Anjir

Darius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 07:35:03 PM »
It was written for the core rules.  There wasn't a chart.  I couldn't find it.  It might have gotten deleted prior to press.  I found it because I am working on a fantasy game that uses a similar mechanic so I pulled it from that.  I will see about adding it to the next supplement or putting it up in an errata.