Author Topic: Deimos' PBP OOC  (Read 45339 times)

Darius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Deimos' PBP OOC
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2009, 08:11:22 PM »
Quote from: "deimos3428"
Quote from: "Avurax"
So Deimos, did you mourn for Lejendary Adventures yesterday or did you celebrate its apparent demise and get into the proper spirit of Canada Day?  Looks like the fires have started to die at LejendaryLands.  Last non-campaign journal post was a week ago tomorrow.  Fun ride for a while though.  Last message board post on GG of any kind was on June 11th.  :(
My feelings are certainly mixed but I did my best to ignore LA entirely on Canada Day, and just watch fireworks with my daughter.  I do think the minimal stop-gap effort on LL will be ineffectual in keeping the game alive, regardless of whether the books are released in a timely fashion or not.

What stop gap?  Someone else running a game?  Not sure I count that.  What is the dead that people are referring to?  

I guess for those that do not know, Mongoose has said (unlike GG) that the deal is dead and they won't be putting out LA this year.  So I think that pretty much kills it.  Not that it matters for me since my game is so much better :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

deimos3428

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2009, 09:32:16 PM »
Quote from: "Darius"
What stop gap?  Someone else running a game?  Not sure I count that.  What is the dead that people are referring to?  
At the time, I found the sudden influx of previously-active members suddenly posting on LL to be somewhat suspicious.  Until the post regarding Mongoose, I thought perhaps the new books would be forthcoming in the next month, and that some or all of them were "in on it" and attempting to artificially drum up support.  Guess that was just some odd timing after all.  ;)

Darius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2009, 10:12:28 PM »
It was simply lurkers posting and some lurkers telling other people that don't post to go post.  

Oh well.  It just makes my shrink-wrapped books more likely to go up in value.

Silvereye

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2009, 03:25:55 AM »
Deimos:

I''m trying to figure out the map:  I thought that the door and the twisting passage we followed was taking us north, the small twisting passage headed branched off to our east and turned south, and the river flowed to our west, so I thought if we passed the old woman (I put myself against the eastern wall) the exit to the hall would be to our north.  Is my map upside down and we've been traveling south all along?

Best,

Paul

deimos3428

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2009, 12:48:24 PM »
Quote from: "Silvereye"
Deimos:

I''m trying to figure out the map:  I thought that the door and the twisting passage we followed was taking us north, the small twisting passage headed branched off to our east and turned south, and the river flowed to our west, so I thought if we passed the old woman (I put myself against the eastern wall) the exit to the hall would be to our north.  Is my map upside down and we've been traveling south all along?

Best,

Paul
You're travelling north.  The wall you'd be hugging would be the western wall, with the river running along the eastern side of the cavern.  Assume that the picture is looking east (and a bit south, that's the southern entrance back towards Seamus in the picture.)

deimos3428

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2009, 01:35:53 PM »
I will be on vacation from Thursday to Sunday.  (Nothing special, just going up to Ottawa to see the in-laws.)  So plot amongst yourselves... :D

deimos3428

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2009, 10:36:04 PM »
It occurred to me that in my attempt to simplify things and tighten up the narrative, I may be cheating you guys out of some of the experience.  Some people really do get jazzed up rolling their own dice, for whatever reason, so if you're one of those people let me know.  The current tight-knit group has been together over a year and I trust you guys to do that.

You can roll at home, or use the die roller I built.  (http://deimos3428.acaeum.com/cgi-bin/roller.cgi)  Or whatever else you'd like, for that matter.  Or I can keep doing it.  Lemme know what you prefer.

lucyjoyce

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2009, 06:22:31 AM »
I'd appreciate it if you would keep rolling for me, please.

Avurax

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2009, 08:41:02 AM »
Go ahead and continue to roll for me as well.  I have to admit that I haven’t been keeping up with my Health or AEPs and keep putting off actually filling out a proper character sheet.  Though I will probably have to put pencil to paper this weekend after the LM didn’t include my increased score on Orren’s last Arcana check.   :evil:  :lol:

Avurax

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2009, 09:37:32 AM »
How big is the rock creature relative to the doorway?  Can he walk through or bend down and squeeze through or would he be limited to swiping with his one good arm through the door?

Edit: A couple of follow up questions.  Can enchantments be cast in the dark at all?  If so, is there a penalty?

The torch that was extinguished shortly before we made it into this room, is it a "real" torch?  I.e. could it be used as a true torch if it can be lit?

deimos3428

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2009, 10:43:00 AM »
How big is the rock creature relative to the doorway?  Can he walk through or bend down and squeeze through or would he be limited to swiping with his one good arm through the door?
You're pretty sure he could walk right through, but he's have to duck his head.
Can enchantments be cast in the dark at all?  If so, is there a penalty?
Sure they can.  I don't see a need for a situational modifier, unless you're attempting to target something you can't see or something like that.  While we're on the subject, LA doesn't impose the same limitations that D&D does in that respect.  You can be bound and gagged and still attempt an activation, though penalties will certainly be applied in that case.

The torch that was extinguished shortly before we made it into this room, is it a "real" torch?  I.e. could it be used as a true torch if it can be lit?
It's a real torch, in that it is a stick of dry wood wrapped in something relatively flammable.  (Sorry, not a torch expert here.)  It also evident that it has been burned in the past.

Avurax

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2009, 01:36:21 PM »
I was just looking over the Theurgy activations, you know in case one of the avatars was to die in the next few posts ::cough Orren cough::.  The “healing” activations seem to be pretty limited, at least in the beta rules I am reviewing.  Heal restores a paltry 2-8 points per use and can only be used on a person 1/day.  The rest (Nullify Burns, Nullify Toxins, and Nullify Traumas) only affect a person 1/WEEK!  Was this changed in the final rules?

deimos3428

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2009, 02:06:45 PM »
I was just looking over the Theurgy activations, you know in case one of the avatars was to die in the next few posts ::cough Orren cough::.  The “healing” activations seem to be pretty limited, at least in the beta rules I am reviewing.  Heal restores a paltry 2-8 points per use and can only be used on a person 1/day.  The rest (Nullify Burns, Nullify Toxins, and Nullify Traumas) only affect a person 1/WEEK!  Was this changed in the final rules?
Nope, LA is rather harsh when it comes to healing.  Moot point at the moment, though.  The only healer you've met (Tarnus) was last seen back in camp guarding the horses.

deimos3428

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2009, 09:02:16 PM »
I see some of you are around tonight, so if you get a chance swing  by the chat (or LemurChat, I'm there too):

chat/

Silvereye

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2009, 04:57:36 PM »
LJ:  Thanks for posting the earlier sessions.  It's fun to read, and it will be nice to have the entire adventure here.  What dedication! What insanity :P