Author Topic: Deimos' PBP OOC  (Read 46676 times)

Avurax

• View Profile
Re: Deimos' PBP OOC
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 10:48:31 AM »
So Deimos, did you mourn for Lejendary Adventures yesterday or did you celebrate its apparent demise and get into the proper spirit of Canada Day?  Looks like the fires have started to die at LejendaryLands.  Last non-campaign journal post was a week ago tomorrow.  Fun ride for a while though.  Last message board post on GG of any kind was on June 11th.  :(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

deimos3428

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 11:21:56 AM »
Quote from: "Avurax"
So Deimos, did you mourn for Lejendary Adventures yesterday or did you celebrate its apparent demise and get into the proper spirit of Canada Day?  Looks like the fires have started to die at LejendaryLands.  Last non-campaign journal post was a week ago tomorrow.  Fun ride for a while though.  Last message board post on GG of any kind was on June 11th.  :(
My feelings are certainly mixed but I did my best to ignore LA entirely on Canada Day, and just watch fireworks with my daughter.  I do think the minimal stop-gap effort on LL will be ineffectual in keeping the game alive, regardless of whether the books are released in a timely fashion or not.

deimos3428

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 10:49:00 PM »
Apologies for not posting the last few days.  I have been feeling downright miserable and have not been able to focus on the campaign.  We'll get it back on track.

deimos3428

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 03:26:49 PM »
Orren begins and then stops and speaks plainly. “You know what? I really, really don't want to go down the dark passage.
Y'know, I just want to say out-of game that I think this is a really nice bit of character development on Avurax's part.

deimos3428

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2009, 10:26:11 AM »
LJ; I didn't want to pollute the gameplay thread, but thanks for annotating and cleaning up Part One for us!  I don't normally hand out merits for out-of-game events, but in this case I believe +200 Minstrelsy is in order.    Thanks!

lucyjoyce

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2009, 02:43:10 PM »
Oh, my.  Thanks!  I guess I have to finish it now!  Bit by bit.... :geek:

Silvereye

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 12:00:14 AM »
Nice Job LJ. :)

Hey, I want some merits, for...um, er...something! ;)

Best,

Paul

*Edit.  LJ, hate to do this, but you have a double post, this part:

Silvereye
deimos3428 wrote:
If the imps do circle overhead, you certainly cannot detect them. They were very high up, closer to the top of the tower. The creature by the fires are of roughly humanoid size, and seem to move like humanoids, but you cannot see them well at all. The torches and campfires illuminate the area immediately around them, but very poorly even so. You can smell the smoke from the fires -- and the scent of roasting meat on the left. The monument looks like it might be some sort of fountain, but you're not sure from here. You also hear the rapid exchange of two voices near the area of a torch along the wall to your right and ahead, but cannot make out the words.

Before moving towards the voices, I tell my invisible companions, "I'll meet you by the fountain...or the door."

I keep to the shadows, if possible, and move close enough to hear the conversation -- just within the limits of my heightened Wylfish senses. (If we must pass the fountain first and I can make out the conversation, I'll stop my companions so I can listen, then quietly inform them what I've heard).

lucyjoyce

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2009, 07:55:11 AM »
Quote from: "Silvereye"
*Edit.  LJ, hate to do this, but you have a double post, this part:

Silvereye
deimos3428 wrote:
If the imps do circle overhead, you certainly cannot detect them. They were very high up, closer to the top of the tower. The creature by the fires are of roughly humanoid size, and seem to move like humanoids, but you cannot see them well at all. The torches and campfires illuminate the area immediately around them, but very poorly even so. You can smell the smoke from the fires -- and the scent of roasting meat on the left. The monument looks like it might be some sort of fountain, but you're not sure from here. You also hear the rapid exchange of two voices near the area of a torch along the wall to your right and ahead, but cannot make out the words.

Before moving towards the voices, I tell my invisible companions, "I'll meet you by the fountain...or the door."

I keep to the shadows, if possible, and move close enough to hear the conversation -- just within the limits of my heightened Wylfish senses. (If we must pass the fountain first and I can make out the conversation, I'll stop my companions so I can listen, then quietly inform them what I've heard).

Um, I don't think so.  I think you quoted deimos and then he quoted you quoting him.  Who's on first?  Anyway, please have another look and if you still think it's a double post please let me know.  And I'll have another look.  And thanks so much for having a look.  It's all pretty much a copy and paste thing, and depending on what vintage I am imbibing, errors can certainly creep in.

In a side note, have been moving my rpg stuff to my soon-to-be-in-college son's room.  Among them were some unopened boxes.  It turns out I ordered some LA stuff from Noble Knight back in October - the Essentials box set, LA character sheets, Fish for Breakfast, and a couple more whose names escape me at the moment.  Christmas in July!

Silvereye

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 04:38:08 PM »
LJ,

Whoops,  I missed this part on the second post:

Silvereye, you creep off towards the voices to your right. I'll wait for the others to act before I tell you what you see/what happens.

-------------------
I'm not sure how I'm going to handle a split party in this format yet. I think I may simply post in the open and require you to exercise your knowledge separation muscles. PMs would be cumbersome, though perhaps a separate thread would work.

My mistake.  Dock me some merits D for doubting LJ!  :oops:  :lol:

LJ, I'm jealous of "boxes" of rpg stuff.  I wanna look.  :)

Best,

Paul

deimos3428

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2009, 04:45:57 PM »
Oh, this next bit is gonna be "interesting."  But I've got to look something up at home, so no response from the old lady for a while yet...enough time for LJ to get in a post if she sees what's happens thus far in time.  ;)

lucyjoyce

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2009, 07:02:10 PM »
Hey!  The old lady is going to respond - just give me a sec!  :)

lucyjoyce

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2009, 07:30:53 AM »
Despite my weakened state (is it hot in here or is it just me?), I cleaned up the transferred part one a bit.  I have italicized the entire quoted text now, so that it would read more clearly.

Avurax

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2009, 10:49:35 AM »
You snuck in a post on me.  I have a few questions.

I would like to get a feel of the cavern.  We have the passage behind us and the river in front of us.  How about to the left and right?

Does the old lady look any younger, stronger or more invigorated?  I.e. any outward indications she is a soul sucking witch?

Do her mumblings remind me of what a wielder of extraordinary ability would use?

Looking at the clothing hanging on the line, do they look like women's clothes and if so, do they appear to be sized for the woman?

Additional question after reviewing your post: Do a person's pupils changing from blue to milky white and back indicate anything Enchantment or Arcana related to me?

deimos3428

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2009, 03:26:21 PM »
I would like to get a feel of the cavern.  We have the passage behind us and the river in front of us.  How about to the left and right?
Using this picture as a guide:
http://deimos3428.acaeum.com/ms/laundry.jpg

The river is not directly in front of you.  (In the picture, you are traveling from right to left, but the river is always on your right if you're travelling along the path.)  

You're coming along this curved path, traveling mostly northwards as it opens up into a cavern.  The river joins your path on the right as it curves along, hugging the far cavern wall.  There is nothing but another rocky cavern wall on the left.  At the end of the cavern, the path narrows back into a corridor, and the river plunges back into the rock.

Does the old lady look any younger, stronger or more invigorated? I.e. any outward indications she is a soul sucking witch?
No, she looks very, very old.  She certainly could be a soul-sucking witch, you've never met one before but they are said to be unusual, older women.

Do her mumblings remind me of what a wielder of extraordinary ability would use?
Judging from yourself and Silvereye alone, yes.  But she might just be crazy.  :D

Looking at the clothing hanging on the line, do they look like women's clothes and if so, do they appear to be sized for the woman?
No, they are far too small.  They look like they would fit young children.

Do a person's pupils changing from blue to milky white and back indicate anything Enchantment or Arcana related to me?
Well, we'll put that one to an Arcana roll...ok, you hit it. (45; needed 59 or less).

You've never seen anything like that, though it's almost certainly not a mundane occurrence.  Thinking about it, you think it's entirely possible that she might be...some sort of ghost.

Silvereye

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2009, 04:58:44 PM »
You snuck in a post on me.  I have a few questions.

Does the old lady look any younger, stronger or more invigorated?  I.e. any outward indications she is a soul sucking witch?

Additional question after reviewing your post: Do a person's pupils changing from blue to milky white and back indicate anything Enchantment or Arcana related to me?

Avur,LJ,

My first instinct was  to pull a move from Ghostbusters and yell, "Get her!" (The ghost in the library scene), and toss her in the river.  Though judging by the roll Deimos made that might be a bad idea. :P

Hmmm, nasty LM.

Oh and thank you LJ.

Best,

Paul