Author Topic: Deimos' PBP OOC  (Read 45894 times)

lucyjoyce

• View Profile
Re: Deimos' PBP OOC
« Reply #120 on: December 24, 2009, 11:39:13 PM »
Thanks for sharing your view of the situation, D.  I want to thank you for the time you have devoted to this adventure, and I have enjoyed being part of it.  Orren, Silvereye, and I formed a sort of 3-legged stool, I think.  And I am afraid that as one of us leaves, the others will fall.  It is indeed a busy time of year, especially for those with young children as yourself.  I would also take this moment to apologize for not always being ďat the tableĒ and am sorry if you had to chase me down.  Again, life causes such a rift in the pbp space-time continuum.  I certainly do not feel that my time spent in this game was wasted, and hope you do not either.  I learned a lot, and I know had much more to learn.  Think it was valuable to learn about the Lejendary Adventures approach to role-playing, and am honored to have been included.

I will always kind of wonder about Balthus, and the ganjees.  Sort of like a good movie I have to leave without knowing the ending.  Maybe someday we will find ourselves at the same gametable again, laughing at the vagaries of the dice.  For now I will content myself with good memories of a grand adventure.

See you around the web, particularly in the chat, I hope.
And hope you made the ďniceĒ list, and that Santa will be stopping by your house tonight.

Jo
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Avurax

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2009, 05:07:51 PM »
I keep looking over the last few posts and wanting to respond but I am not sure what to write.  

Let me start with my own post of December 11th.  While I can see how it could have come across as me not enjoying the space adventure; that was not the case.  While I prefer a fantasy adventure, it was more frustration on my part knowing there was a solution to return us to the fantasy world but not having any idea, as a player, how to accomplish this task.  I did not know you and Paul were having a side quest and I certainly didnít know there was any friction.  In light of those two things, I can see how it read as me not enjoying the Traveller portion of the program.  Please believe me that I had an enjoyable experience the last few months.

As to LJís post on December 24th, she and I exchanged PMs and agreed that while two players might work in the pbp format, it probably wasnít quite enough to keep things exciting from a party standpoint.  Even a three person party was probably pushing it since we needed an NPC to avoid losing anyone in the castle.

And then there was the December 23rd post.  I exchanged PMs with Paul to get general information, similar to what you posted, Deimos.  I donít have any specifics from either of you, namely what SPECIFIC change Silvereye was to undergo.  I could see where I might be frustrated by either side.  Sometimes we get too attached to our characters or avatars for some reason; I am guilty of this all too often.  And sometimes a strong opinion (right or wrong) can be taken as an attack whether it was intended as such or not.  

Contrary to what Paul tried to assure me, it is ultimately my fault that this conflict ever occurred.  If my avatar hadnít tried to transport Silvereye without his permission, this disagreement would have never occurred.  I consider that a lesson learned on my part.  Unfortunately that doesnít fix anything.  Let me say that I thoroughly enjoyed your game Deimos and I have now done a 180 on my opinion of the play-by-post format.  While not the same as a face to face game, it can still be enjoyable.  I also learned quite a bit about the Lejendary Adventure system in general and hope to play in Lejendary Earth again some day.  LJ and Paul, I hope we can adventure again together sometime.

Anyway, this post is pretty meandering.  And Darius, since there is a chance you will be the only one who reads it, thanks for letting us use the site.  I still keep hoping to dig into the Perilous Journeys rules set and see if I can break anything.  

Quote from: "Darius"
He became a were-panda.
Was it a ninja were-panda or just a regular kung-fu were-panda?

Darius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 29, 2009, 10:38:38 PM »
It was way before Kung-Fu Panda.  It was pretty much a useless Panda.  Stress would trigger change and then end up looking for bamboo to eat.

Silvereye

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2009, 02:21:16 AM »
Deimos, thanks for the game.  LJ, Avur a pleasure gaming with you.  Avur, once again, it's not your fault.  

Darius thank you for hosting the game.

All the best,

Paul

Darius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2009, 12:32:42 PM »
So I have an idea.  I would prefer running a game using a chat board, but I could do a pbp.  Or I could start off in the chat board on some Friday night and then if people wanted to continue I could do it by pbp.  I just don't have mad lemur game running skills so I get a bit nervous about new games.  I will stick with fantasy for now.  You can create your own characters so you can give feedback on how it works, or if you are lazy I can do it myself if you tell me what you want.  Unlike LA, there really aren't restrictions on what you can do for character types - just trade offs.