Author Topic: Deimos' Play by Post -- Part Two  (Read 127586 times)

Avurax

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 160
    • View Profile
Re: Deimos' Play by Post -- Part Two
« Reply #540 on: November 25, 2009, 11:12:50 AM »
"Tarnus, how about taking your bottle back to engineering and checking out the maintenance hatch outside of Engineering.  GLADYS indicates she cannot scan its contents.  Be careful."

"Palestine, any ideas on what we should do next?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Silvereye

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 139
    • View Profile
Re: Deimos' Play by Post -- Part Two
« Reply #541 on: November 25, 2009, 05:29:20 PM »
Each time GLADYS replies to our questions, Dr, Tarnus responds, "useless bucket of bolts" and sips his scotch.  

Dr. Tarnus mulls over the equipment he has at his disposal. 'If I can anaesthetize us I can put down a damn lizard."  

Could Dr. Tarnus synthesize an aerosol version of a anesthetic that would render a lizard unconscious quickly?

Any chance the young lizard is Seamus in disguise?

"Captain, it appears the head lizard wants to talk with you and your bird.  Better make it good." Dr. Tarnus waits for the Captain to finish her conversation.

"All right Orren, I'll get down to the core.  Don't know what the hell I can do."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

deimos3428

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 370
    • View Profile
Re: Deimos' Play by Post -- Part Two
« Reply #542 on: November 25, 2009, 10:43:40 PM »
Quote from: "Silvereye"
Each time GLADYS replies to our questions, Dr, Tarnus responds, "useless bucket of bolts" and sips his scotch.  

Dr. Tarnus mulls over the equipment he has at his disposal. 'If I can anaesthetize us I can put down a damn lizard."  

Could Dr. Tarnus synthesize an aerosol version of a anesthetic that would render a lizard unconscious quickly?
You have the drugs on hand and no small amount of Medical knowledge, so I'd give it a chance of success if you got close enough.  Nothing's guaranteed, of course.

Quote
Any chance the young lizard is Seamus in disguise?
You're still doubting it, but the scotch is making it seem more and more likely all the time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

lucyjoyce

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 127
    • View Profile
Re: Deimos' Play by Post -- Part Two
« Reply #543 on: November 26, 2009, 07:12:07 PM »
Turning her back briefly to the viewscreen, Palestine walks over to Tarnus.  Mouthing the words silently, she says "Maybe we should run for it?"

Turning back to face the viewscreen, Palestine squares her shoulders gently, not wishing to alarm Hokioi.

"I am Captain Palestine d'Abernon.  My crew has suffered grievous harm from your unprovoked attack.  Two of my officers are missing.  Would you know anything about that?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Silvereye

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 139
    • View Profile
Re: Deimos' Play by Post -- Part Two
« Reply #544 on: November 27, 2009, 02:09:07 AM »
Quote from: "lucyjoyce"
Turning her back briefly to the viewscreen, Palestine walks over to Tarnus.  Mouthing the words silently, she says "Maybe we should run for it?"

Dr. Tarnus shakes his head yes and replies, "Hell no. We're outgunned. You losing yer mind?"

He takes another sip of scotch and finds a comfy chair.  Dumping himself into the chair, he slouches, and watches the lizards on the screen.  Assesses the situation in a nanosecond, and takes another sip.

Tarnus hits the badge on his chest, and says quietly, "Orren, I may as well listen to this before I get my head stuck in something dangerous.  At some point we should all be in the same room.  Might be a cell before this conversation ends.  What are their ships doing?  Why are you going on about JANIE?"

Dr. Tarnus mulls over whether he can make an anesthetic aerosol spray the would have a range of say 10 meters.  He goes over the chemicals needed, the dosage, and specs in his head.  Could it be done?  How long to get some made?  Might look like a Nev-R-Miss rifle, no, no, no a grenade would be better and easier to use!  Greater impact, more lounging lizards after it went off.  Hell, even a dumb ass grunt could use one.  Why the hell don't we have grenades?  Phase grenades would make a lot of sense.  So, an anaesthetic grenade that would knock a lizard flat in a few seconds and cover and area of 10 meters.  Wonder if I can make it so it doesn't affect us humans?  Yep, that's a start.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

deimos3428

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 370
    • View Profile
Re: Deimos' Play by Post -- Part Two
« Reply #545 on: November 27, 2009, 02:51:01 PM »
Quote from: "lucyjoyce"
"I am Captain Palestine d'Abernon.  My crew has suffered grievous harm from your unprovoked attack.  Two of my officers are missing.  Would you know anything about that?"
"Greetings, Captain!  I am sorry to hear of the events which transpired on the Traveller, but I am told by my soldiers that you were less than co-operative.  You are in Ganzigian space, and you resisted arrest.  A regrettable sequence of events ensued."

"No matter.  I have spoken with my senior advisers and they recommend that we keep this diplomatic travesty under wraps, to avoid irrevocable damage to future trade negotiations.  If you are so agreed, I will have your vessel serviced and escorted from Ganzigian space.  We apologize for the misunderstanding and wish you good luck in finding a way back home."

The old lizard turns and shakily gets up from the chair, coughs, and the turns around, as if he had forgot something.  Patting his pockets, he turns back to the screen.

"Oh...yes.  Or we'll have to blow up your pretty looking ship.  They did mention something about that as well."





"Is it still on?  Oh.  Well, what button to I pres..<bee--op.>"
GLADYS: Transmission Terminated.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

deimos3428

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 370
    • View Profile
Re: Deimos' Play by Post -- Part Two
« Reply #546 on: November 27, 2009, 03:07:09 PM »
Quote from: "Silvereye"
Dr. Tarnus mulls over whether he can make an anesthetic aerosol spray the would have a range of say 10 meters.  He goes over the chemicals needed, the dosage, and specs in his head.  Could it be done?  How long to get some made?  Might look like a Nev-R-Miss rifle, no, no, no a grenade would be better and easier to use!  Greater impact, more lounging lizards after it went off.  Hell, even a dumb ass grunt could use one.  Why the hell don't we have grenades?  Phase grenades would make a lot of sense.  So, an anaesthetic grenade that would knock a lizard flat in a few seconds and cover and area of 10 meters.  Wonder if I can make it so it doesn't affect us humans?  Yep, that's a start.
I'm pretty sure that's just the scotch talking.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

lucyjoyce

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 127
    • View Profile
Re: Deimos' Play by Post -- Part Two
« Reply #547 on: November 27, 2009, 06:00:39 PM »
Palestine turns back to Tarnus.

"Servicing our ship, are they?  Let's go have a look at that maintenance hatch."

"Orren, you joining us?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Avurax

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 160
    • View Profile
Re: Deimos' Play by Post -- Part Two
« Reply #548 on: November 27, 2009, 08:13:38 PM »
“Palestine, I will remain in the computer core.  Are you taking Tarnus with you?”
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

lucyjoyce

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 127
    • View Profile
Re: Deimos' Play by Post -- Part Two
« Reply #549 on: November 27, 2009, 08:19:49 PM »
"If he can still walk."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Silvereye

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 139
    • View Profile
Re: Deimos' Play by Post -- Part Two
« Reply #550 on: November 30, 2009, 06:01:54 PM »
Quote from: "lucyjoyce"
"If he can still walk."

Dr. Tarnus refills his glass with scotch, plans for grenades still flickering in his head, and stands beside Palestine.  "Captain, I need far better scotch than this swill to leave me legless.  Let's go watch the lizards's work or find Seamus.  I'd like to find the little spud, but I defer to your command"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

deimos3428

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 370
    • View Profile
The resemblance is uncanny.
« Reply #551 on: December 01, 2009, 06:41:55 PM »
Quote from: "Silvereye"
Dr. Tarnus refills his glass with scotch, plans for grenades still flickering in his head, and stands beside Palestine.  "Captain, I need far better scotch than this swill to leave me legless.  Let's go watch the lizards's work or find Seamus.  I'd like to find the little spud, but I defer to your command"
Anybody else notice Tarnus is starting to look...oh, I-don't-know...wylfish?  Complete w/little brown jug!  Maybe it's just me.  (No, that's not any sort of  hint, it's just too hard to find the OOC thread on my blackberry.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Avurax

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 160
    • View Profile
Re: Deimos' Play by Post -- Part Two
« Reply #552 on: December 02, 2009, 09:49:12 AM »
"Have you made it to the maintennce hatch, Palestine?  Anything of interest there?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Silvereye

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 139
    • View Profile
Re: The resemblance is uncanny.
« Reply #553 on: December 03, 2009, 08:39:22 AM »
Quote from: "deimos3428"
Quote from: "Silvereye"
Dr. Tarnus refills his glass with scotch, plans for grenades still flickering in his head, and stands beside Palestine.  "Captain, I need far better scotch than this swill to leave me legless.  Let's go watch the lizards's work or find Seamus.  I'd like to find the little spud, but I defer to your command"
Anybody else notice Tarnus is starting to look...oh, I-don't-know...wylfish?  Complete w/little brown jug!  Maybe it's just me.  (No, that's not any sort of  hint, it's just too hard to find the OOC thread on my blackberry.)

Dr. Tarnus, damn it, is nothing like Silvereye.  Did you ever hear Silvereye call anyone a 'little spud' or defer to anyone?!  

"Orren, where are you, and what in all that is holy are you doing?"  Dr. Tarnus asks.  He takes another sip of scotch and wishes he had a cigar. Whistling, "If I Only had a Brain," he rocks backs and forth on his heels waiting for his Captain to make a decision.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Avurax

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 160
    • View Profile
Re: Deimos' Play by Post -- Part Two
« Reply #554 on: December 03, 2009, 12:11:16 PM »
Quote from: "Silvereye"
"Orren, where are you, and what in all that is holy are you doing?"
"You mean other than completely restoring access to the entire command staff?"  Stupid redshirt, Orren mutters.  "How about you pop down to engineering while the captain is playing with her special friend?  You can check the blind spot in GLADYS' sensors.  Maybe there will be something to interact with there.  A sweep of the entire department would probably be a good idea as it is likely you missed something else on your last search."

"GLADYS, please analyze and describe the energy device that is super-charging the core.  Does the device or the energized core have enough energy to attempt a return to our reality/universe?  The other unidentified non-Ganzigian vessels, please describe them as well.  Do they appear to be here by choice or under threat of force?  Also, is the bridge habitable yet?"

Is there a view screen in the computer core?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »