Author Topic: Deimos' Play by Post -- Part Two  (Read 124087 times)

lucyjoyce

• View Profile
Re: Deimos' Play by Post -- Part Two
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 07:37:31 AM »
"I have no preference. The brass one is as good as any."  Palestine turns to her host. "Thank you, Mr. O'Malley, and you too, Scrubbs.  I hope we will meet again."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Avurax

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 11:01:00 AM »
Orren tries to turn the brass knob and open the door.  If it opens and he doesn't perceive danger immediately on the other side, he proceeds through the door.

deimos3428

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2009, 12:28:42 PM »
Orren:  The door slams shut behind you as soon as you proceed through, cutting you off from the rest of the party.  A sudden intense flash of light bursts out in front of you.  You shield your eyes and rub them -- but you cannot see!  Panic hits you as you hear a low growling noise, and padded footsteps come closer and closer.  You cry out in pain as this unseen creature roars and embeds its sharp teeth in your leg!  You take 16 Harm from the bite.

Silvereye & Palestine: You see the door shut behind Orren, and hear a horrible growling noise -- and then a scream of pain.

That'd be initiative -- actions please.

Silvereye

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2009, 04:17:04 PM »
I turn to Mal and hiss, "What have you done?"  

"Palestine, we need to get through the door."  I reach for the handle.

lucyjoyce

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009, 05:53:16 PM »
Drawing her sword, Palestine steps close to Silvereye and makes ready to accompany him through the door.

Avurax

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 09:33:51 AM »
A strange voice chants in Orren's head "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Orren tries to focus his mind into creating some protection from the bite attack he just received and then draws his long dagger.  "Ganjees, you do not frighten me.  I WILL pass."  

Can I see anything yet?  If there is another way out other than the way I came, I will begin making my way toward it.  What sort of creature/apparition do I see?

deimos3428

• View Profile
Twice Shy
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 09:52:21 AM »
Silvereye:  You turn furiously towards Mal and cannot find the strange little man at all.  Scrubbs is there and looks up sheepishly at you, shrugging.  You try the door, but it is stuck fast.

Palestine:  You notice that Silvereye is having trouble with the door as you rush forward.  You can make an attempt to break it down if you like this ABC, if you like.

Orren:  You concentrate and try to think positive, calming thoughts.  The beast's teeth are still ravaging your leg, having locked on tightly.  You can feel blood trickling down it, and feel the beast's weight holding you fast.  You cannot see at all -- the flash of light has blinded you.  You take out your dagger and stab at it, but the blade seems to pass right through the beast as if it were a phantom!

Avurax

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 01:37:13 PM »
Orren attempts to order his thoughts between being able to see and dispersing the jaws around his leg.  While thinking, he attempts to move forward.  If he is unable to walk, Orren will sheathe his dagger and attempt to drop and roll.

deimos3428

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2009, 02:31:45 PM »
I need an action from LJ and then we can continue the round...the beast is up next. ;)

Silvereye

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2009, 02:46:22 PM »
"Coward..." I mutter.  

"Scrubbs, can you open it?"  If he answers no, I turn to Palestine, "Let's break it down."

Orren's been training wit the Bene Gesserit!  

* Edit,  Sorry for jumping the gun D, LJ:  If Palestine wants to try something different I'll change Silvereye's action.

lucyjoyce

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2009, 06:34:32 AM »
Bracing her feet, Palestine turns to put her shoulder into the door.

deimos3428

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2009, 09:56:39 AM »
Orren:  You hear a loud bang behind you, followed by the sound of splintering wood...and then a sharp gasp.  The beast has locked it's jaws on you and savages your leg for another 20 Harm.  That's over 50% total and just too much harm for one leg to endure; you drop to the ground trying desperately to get it off of you.

Palestine:  The door buckles under the impact and cracks but holds in place...so you hit it again.  It then yields to the force, flying open and breaking apart.  You see Orren struggling on the ground with some unseen foe -- his leg is mangled beyond recognition.

Silvereye: Dodging bits of door, you look into the hallway beyond and see Orren struggling with something not visible.

Actions please; it's the players turn.  (You may have noticed I've simplified initiative greatly.).

Avurax

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2009, 12:04:03 PM »
"Silvereye? Palestine?  ANYONE? PLEASE HELP ME!" Orren screams in agony.  He closes his eyes, concentrates on being able to see and then opens his eyes.  

I am not sure how long the above actions take.  If I still have any time, I will begin scooting myself on my rear with my arms and toward the loud bang I heard.

deimos3428

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2009, 12:45:50 PM »
Quote from: "Avurax"
"Silvereye? Palestine?  ANYONE? PLEASE HELP ME!" Orren screams in agony.
You scream for help, and pass out...just as the unseen jaws are about to close on your throat.  Your eyes close, desperately trying to concentrate...and then, you open your eyes.  

You feel no pain now.  Everything is hazy, but slowly coming back into focus.  How long have you been unconscious?  Are you alive?  You're not sure.  You realize you're standing and tentatively touch your leg to find it tender, but whole.

As your vision returns, the first thing you detect is a small round face with an over-sized nose wearing a black rectangular hat, and staring up you.  He's wearing a long purple cloak inscribed with golden sigils with the hood pulled back, the sort your mentors in college wore on special occasions.  You notice that you are decked out in regalia as well, in the red-hued cloak with a purple sash -- the cloak of an alumni.  As things start to unblur, you realize it's Seamus.  He is smiling, and looks very proud.

"Haha!  Well done!  It was touch-and-go for a bit there, but I just knew you would come through in the end.  Congratulations, my boy, you've done it.  You've graduated!"

He thrusts forth a wide scroll and places it into your shaking hands, gripping them firmly and solemnly.  Your friends (including Scrubbs) are looking on in surprise, exactly where you left them before entering the door -- which is in fact intact.

lucyjoyce

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2009, 07:26:18 PM »
With a smile of relief at seeing Orren come to himself, she steps toward him and grips his shoulder.  "Are you well, my friend?"

**Finding Silvereye at her side, Palestine leans toward him and murmers, "I want the courage.  You will have to make yourself content with the heart."**