Author Topic: Upcoming Projects  (Read 3758 times)

Darius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Upcoming Projects
« on: April 01, 2012, 04:27:21 PM »
SteamCraft is now released and available so I am now turning my attention to future projects.  We have lots in store.

For SteamCraft, there are 3 projects currently in development:

1.  An adventure - we will be using this as a demo during conventions.
2.  A setting supplement that details a city.  This will likely include a sample adventure as well
3.  A mystery project that will add more information for players and GM's to help them run their games.  (This will likely be the next project released.)

For PJ Fantasy Players

1.  Adventure/Setting.  I've always been a fan of D&D B2 Keep of the Borderlands.  It is a cross between an adventure and a setting.  We will be working on putting out an adventure that details the basics of a settings, sets things up for a longer campaign, and leaves plenty of open areas for the GM to make it his own world.
2.  Put out a hardback version of the rules.  This will involve replacing some of the interior art and redoing the layout.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Semi-Retired Gamer

• Ooooooh no...there goes Tokyo; go, go, GODZILLA!
    • View Profile
    • The Semi-Retired Gamer
Re: Upcoming Projects
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 10:15:12 AM »
Ooh...the hardback PJ rules sounds awesome!  Congratulations on the kickstarter success.
----------------------
Charlie

I (mainly) blog about role-playing at The Semi-Retired Gamer and occasionally at A Megaversal® Miscellany.

Reading:  The Lair of Bones by David Farland.

Darius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 02:56:16 PM »
The PJ Fantasy is going to have a large overhaul.  It is a multistage process.

1.  Replace the interior art.  We have an artist working on this now.
2.  Add in setting information and perhaps add in optional rules for how to convert between the fantasy system and SteamCraft
3.  Replace the cover art.  
4.  Get the fantasy rules into distribution.

Likely what we will do is once the interior art has been replaced and the rules have been fully re-edited, we will put it up on rpgnow.  This will enable somewhat affordable hardbacks.  The setting material will be released as a supplement.  Then once we have new cover art, we will combine the setting material with the rules and put out a hardback suitable for distribution.  

But right now we are working on polishing an adventure for SteamCraft to be out in November on pdf.  Then we have a setting supplement for it we will have available around Feb/March.

Semi-Retired Gamer

• View Profile
    • The Semi-Retired Gamer
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 03:16:28 PM »
Looking forward to all of it.
----------------------
Charlie

I (mainly) blog about role-playing at The Semi-Retired Gamer and occasionally at A Megaversal® Miscellany.

Darius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 06:17:34 PM »
We have an artist who is ready to replace the interior art on the fantasy book.  I can pretty much just select the art when I want - I just have to pay for it.  Once the first SteamCraft supplement is sent to stores, we will see if it is economically feasible to revise the PJ fantasy book.  If we do, we will include a setting and then put it up on rpgnow.  If I can, I would have two versions.  One with the art, and the second as an artless version.  The artless would be free or almost free.  The one with the art, you can buy the PDF or a print copy from them. 

Semi-Retired Gamer

• View Profile
    • The Semi-Retired Gamer
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 09:05:12 PM »
Awesome news! Thanks for the info.
----------------------
Charlie