Author Topic: Silvereye's Odyssey  (Read 31892 times)

deimos3428

• View Profile
Re: This call is brought to you by Virgin Mobile
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2010, 12:31:02 AM »
Quote from: "deimos3428"
Quote from: "Silvereye"
"Those eyes suit you, Princess."  I throw back my hood revealing my silver hair, hoping to get her to babble again.*  
"Whoa that's like totally hot, Grumpy.  You're color-coordinated!  C'mon, dish it.  Who codes your hair?  It's like got some much volume, it's gotta be Farad Michaels or whatever.  You like totally belong on the cover of Volt!"

Is Janie now behind me or beside me?
She's actually about a step or so in front of you but she's also stepped a bit to your right.  You have a clear path to the beacon about two steps ahead, and she's definitely not obstructing you -- she wants you to use it.

I purposely scrape the tip of my booted foot against the floor, knowing Master Ohm will understand the subtle sign that the moment has almost arrived.

I stop a few feet from the beacon.  "How do I use this to contact Orren, Princess?" I ask, as the image of a new Shadow forms in my mind.**  "How will Orren know it's me?  He will have many questions, some only I can answer, and he will not trust anything after what has occurred."
You're pretty sure Ohm picked up on that, and you hear the devastating ongoing battle behind you as you Shadow pummels him without mercy and he continues to refork.  His defense with this technique is practically flawless -- but finite.  You really wish you had time to observe it better and pick up a few things, but you're stuck dealing with the spoiled brat.  Her mouth seems not to have an off switch.  You really don't think she noticed you scraping your boot.

"Whoa, like haven't you ever used a phone, Grumpy?  You just like reach out and touch someone.  New Mom said not to use it, but whatever I tried anyway and she went completely all skank on me and put in a parental code.  She like said I talk too much, can you believe that?  So I can't dial out, but you can!  Just think of dear sweet Orren and it'll like buzz him, and then put it on speaker and intro me, it'll be hilarious.

He'll be like "Hello?  What?  Who is this?" and then you'll go like, "Hey dude, this is Grumpy" or whatever and he'll be like "Wha- is this a prank call?" and stuff and you'll go like "No hey buddy it's totally me, howz things?"  And then "oh like there's this hottie that wants to hang out with you and chill, wanna say hi." and then I'll come on and he'll be like totallly surprised."

She giggles again gleefully as she rehearses her "plan", and you're wondering how much more of this horrible grammar you can bear.  Your "glass is half-full" mind realizes that Dark Gladys will overwhelm the resistance any second now and put you out of your misery.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

deimos3428

• View Profile
Re: This call is brought to you by Virgin Mobile
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2010, 12:33:08 AM »
I nod my head each time she asks a question, or answer: "Yes, Princess."  I ask her how one uses the speaker, precisely how I contact Orren, and ask what will New Mom do if she finds out she's broken the 'parental lock?'  I stress to her at one point during her prattling, "I must bypass all of Orren's logical questions concerning my identity...think of them as security.  He's very smart.  He will not be satisfied until he finds out what has happened to me."    

As we stop and she goes over her plan, I focus my mind making sure the activation works properly.  Time to rot...I create the crouching Shadow on the other side of the beacon, within touching distance of the controls.  As the activation finishes, I utter, my voice ragged and torn, "Time has come."

If Master Ohm can help so be it, his choice.  If not, I will warn Orren, then try to destroy the beacon before I die....

I step towards the beacon, or use my shadow self to touch it.

deimos3428

• View Profile
Last Call
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2010, 12:33:56 AM »
As we stop and she goes over her plan, I focus my mind making sure the activation works properly.  Time to rot...I create the crouching Shadow on the other side of the beacon, within touching distance of the controls.  As the activation finishes, I utter, my voice ragged and torn, "Time has come."
As soon as you fork, Master Ohm launches a mighty bolt of energy at your former shadow, annihilating it in a blast so powerful it rocks the tower.  

"Lightning Man!  O...M...G!  We're like making the most important phone call ever."

You couldn't agree more.  But now that you've activated the beacon -- what message will you send?*

Losing her focus on you completely, Janie goes ballistic, taking out her frustration on the diminutive pair.  You are saddened to see both Master Ohms silently crumble to black dust before they get within melee range of her.  So much for the escape plan.

---
You will manage to get in six seconds worth (at a normal speaking pace, I'll be reciting the text aloud with watch in hand) through to Orren's comm badge; anything further will be cut off abruptly.  Don't worry, I'll add techno-babble as required.

deimos3428

• View Profile
Re: Last Call
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2010, 12:36:29 AM »

My mind is still, quiet.

Speaking in a monotone, drum-like voice, I state:  "GLADYS is infected.  Clear the data lock.  Avoid JANIE.  It's not your fault."*

Laughing softly, I turn from the beacon to Janie and split off another shadow.  Grinning, I unwind my scarf to show death my true face.

I run a hand through my silver hair, roll my neck and shoulders, and clench my hands into tight fists, listening for the the familiar creak of the leather strips binding my hands.  My eyes dart to the window and then back: there was no escape Master Ohm.    

Let the little bitch send me to hell.

Death, I come.

deimos3428

• View Profile
Suspense
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2010, 12:37:48 AM »
You see Janie's eyes go wide as she realizes what you're doing, and are hurled roughly backwards through the tower wall.  The message is terminated; the call dropped.  Your crumpled form flies through the air, coming to a rest near the tentacled wall.  It is slowly wrapped in the dark tendrils and consumed.  

The remaining Silvereye sees Janie drop to her knees and sob piteously in front of the beacon.  She looks up at you with determination and hatred in her eyes, and you stand transfixed, as they flare with golden flames.  They then shoot out at you, immolating your clothes, your flesh, your very soul.

"Why, Grumpy?  Why did you do this?  Why must you stand in the way of happiness?  Orren and I will be together one day...I promise you.  We will.  We will!  And until that day comes, you will suffer!"

Your scars erupt in a maze of tiny black ants, which bite and creep their way through your skin and run down your body to mass across the floor.

deimos3428

• View Profile
Re: Suspense
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2010, 12:39:35 AM »
I stare at her golden eyes, and smile.  Watching the black ants erupt from my body and I know they will form some simulacrum, some beast...perhaps DARK GLADYS herself will come, I muse.  

I must submit to the pain, accept it and wait.   How many years did I endure...it doesn't matter.  I will not be broken.  The pain is meaningless.  Time passes.  I am either dead or not.  

Laughing softly, I play this old game.  I slow my breathing, my heart rate, and whisper.  "Little girl...my name is Silvereye...and you...will never touch or see Orren...." I take another deep breath, "Try harder...this is child's work...."

At least Orren and Palestine will live, and DARK GLADYS will die...that is something.

I stare.  I laugh.  I wait.

deimos3428

• View Profile
End Scene.
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2010, 12:41:48 AM »
I stare.  I laugh.  I wait.
She stops.  Staring at you coldly as you continue to defy her, she straightens and considers how best to deal with you.

"No, mortal.  No.  I do not need to break you, for you are already very broken.  You will suffer for your arrogance and learn what happens to those that would mock a goddess."

Your flaming corpus is ripped apart into pieces, still held loosely some inches near each other by some ghastly force you cannot comprehend -- like a fleshy ragdoll.  One by one the pieces begin to slip and fall, raining down upon the floor in a sloppy mess.  Others shatter, and you writhe in utter agony, each part of you a source of constant pain.

"You have taken my dream, I shall take that and more from you.  No more shall you laugh.  No more shall you smile.  No more shall you be driven by pain and angst.  No more will your eyes sparkle in contempt, or twinkle at women and draw them to you."

You scream as your eyes dissolve, leaving you in blackness, as the mad-woman continues her tirade.

"No more shall you even dare to hope.  I leave you with nothing but fear as your only ally, and it will cling to you tightly wherever dearest Mommy will send you.  And so it will be wherever you tread."

You jolt as dark fingers sift throughout your very being, altering your mind and maybe even your soul.  You visualize a slideshow of all the people you ever cared for suffering grieviously -- all those you sought to aid -- Stoden, Joham, Orren, Palestine and many others burn and die before you.  But you feel nothing in return -- no love; no hate.  Nothing.  She has stolen all emotion from your being entirely.  All emotions except one overwhelming one, and you shiver and weep completely against your nature.

"And now you will die, maggot -- afraid, blind, and alone.  Though I have no doubt you'll be brought back eventually."

You are then blasted to smithereens, and all goes dark.

deimos3428

• View Profile
Requiem for the Rebooted
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2010, 12:46:04 AM »
There is naught but the sound of angels humming now; all is aglow with that heavenly rhythm.  No body; no mind.  No form whatsoever, no thought, no voice -- only the feeling of being completely at one with the energy of the universe.  The Queen sits bathed in holy light and looks upon the soul of the departed, and smiles.  Formless, you hover in non-space and wait as you are addressed.

"You have Our gratitude, oh glorious hero!  You will not be forsaken by Us nor forgotten, though We hope you never return.  What sort of reward shall We bestow for such an honorable sacrifice?

Know that We can restore all wounds, remove any trauma.  But no, Silvereye of Learth.  We would not strip you of your battle scars for they define you -- even your latest ones.  Those you will keep, for they drive you ever closer to true greatness.  Know also that you have lost much in this conflict, including the use of both your eyes.  We shall not restore them, but as that is Our own kin's hand, We will make amends.

No longer must the bold son of Kajalan suffer indignity nor pain from his grievous wounds, should it please him.  No more must he hide his noble visage behind mean strips of cloth.  For We give you a most fitting gift -- the gift of illusion.  Should you desire it, your face may appear as smooth as the day you were born, or as torn and sundered as your cruel tormentors have inflicted.  Know also that although you have lost both of your eyes in this conflict, noble wylf, you shall not lose your sight.  You may no longer fascinate others, but use your powers well and you may well horrify your enemy.  We trust you will find that fitting.

Now go, with Our gifts and Our blessing.  Venture forth in the outside world and seek ye your far-flung home.  We will miss you."

A tremendous force pushes you through a darkened tunnel, speeding along, and all fades to white.  White -- the color of Life.  Your eyes flutter open and you see familar faces.
---
There are some changes, mechanically speaking, but Silvereye has retained his essence.

1.  Your fascination knack has been replaced with a Repulsion Quirk.  Thrice per day, if you wish to suddenly appear as your grisly real self you will trigger a fight-or-flight response in any intelligent humanoids.  There is a 50% chance that a victim will attack, and 50% chance they will flee.
2.  You now see via your mind's eye, similar to the Psychogenic Power Parascopic Sense -- and yes, you can actually see through walls.  Your other natural Wylf senses apply in addition to this ability.
3.  You may create the illusion that you are as handsome as you were in your youth, and also drop that illusion at will, taking 1 ABC to transform.  You can do so as many times per day as you'd like.