Author Topic: Deities  (Read 2451 times)

Semi-Retired Gamer

• Ooooooh no...there goes Tokyo; go, go, GODZILLA!
    • View Profile
    • The Semi-Retired Gamer
Deities
« on: November 03, 2013, 05:06:55 PM »
I was browsing through old posts about LA earlier and I ran across all of the issues of the Portal.  I believe that issue #3 had stats and guidelines for deities.  Do you plan on including similar information in a revised PJ?  I'm just curious.  I could see it go either way - hard and fast stat guidelines OR just a description of the deity and a complete absence of stats because who is going to engage a god? 
----------------------
Charlie

I (mainly) blog about role-playing at The Semi-Retired Gamer and occasionally at A Megaversal® Miscellany.

Reading:  The Lair of Bones by David Farland.

Darius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Deities
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 05:33:11 PM »
While stats do exist, I am not sure they ever made it to published form.  It isn't something I have thought about.  I intended to include an optional setting that would mention gods.  I am not sure how useful it would be to include stats unless there is some active conflict. 

Do you think it would be useful to know that the highest ranked gods have 1000 health, 350 agility, 2000 points of mana, can cast any spell with automatic success, and can summon detail minions? 

Semi-Retired Gamer

• Ooooooh no...there goes Tokyo; go, go, GODZILLA!
    • View Profile
    • The Semi-Retired Gamer
Re: Deities
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 06:59:11 PM »
LOL...not particularly.  As I pushed the "post" button that is similar to the thought that crossed my mind.  I think just mentioning the gods, the order of prominence, maybe some worship details, cleric details, and similar stuff would probably be for the best.  In all honesty, pinpointing down the stats just really makes them something somebody wants to kill.  I remember the Deities & Demigods hardback. ;)
----------------------
Charlie

I (mainly) blog about role-playing at The Semi-Retired Gamer and occasionally at A Megaversal® Miscellany.

Reading:  The Lair of Bones by David Farland.